Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media March Challenge

How time flies.  It is time for another mixed media challenge at Happy Little Stampers

The challenge this month is friendship.


I spent a couple weeks with friends in South Carolina and wanted to send them a thank you card.  Their friendship is so important in my life and wanted to make them a special card.  I actually bought this stamp at Hobby Lobby on their great clearance lately. 

The background is colored with Dina Wakely heavy bodied acrylic paint.  I used three colors on the background:  lime, sky and turquoise.  The sentiment background is turquoise.  I added a clear glitter embossing paste through a stencil.  It really sparkles.  The sentiment is heat embossed in silver.  The card base is silver card stock.  The sentiment was matted with the same card stock.  Silver thread was added behind the sentiment which was pop dotted.

I then sprayed the entire card with Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds so it sparkles.


Here is a close up of the sentiment.


Please join us this month at Happy Little Stampers and celebrate friendship with a mixed media creative project.  

3 comments:

Seemaa said...

Hey Barb, Love this card and the teal os my fav colour. the best is the message and so true too...
Hugs
Seemaa

Priya Satish said...

Teal is stealing the show... Lol... I just love everything about this card. Absolutely gorgeous.

Linda said...

Gorgeous card .... I love the colour xx