Friday, March 9, 2018

Mixed Media Fun Card

I am in a private group on Facebook where we are all card makers.  We met many many years ago and have kept up our friendships and added new friends along the way.  We have card exchanges every couple months and this card is for the humorous card exchange.

I am entering my card in the challenge at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.


The card started with two dictionary pages which were adhered to card stock with gel medium.  A layer of white gesso was put on each page.  Distress oxides were used to color the pages.  On the top layer a stencil was used to add a subtle design with the same color oxide ink as the background.  I then used the same stencil and added clear glitter embossing paste.  It really sparkles.

The image was stamped with black VersaFine Ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  The lady's dress was colored with another shade of distress oxide inks.  I printed the sentiment on card stock which was colored with the distress oxide inks and then ran it through my printer.  I used my Silhouette to cut a speech bubble and I traced around the words and fussy cut out the speech bubble.

I bunched up some black thread and used this as a focal point for my speech bubble to sit on.


Here is a close up of the speech bubble.  You can also see both layers from using the stencil.


Here is a close up of my lady.


I am also entering this card into the Wednesday Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog where the challenge is Girl Power.  Well we have a girl and she is talking on her phone. 

I had so much fun making this card.  I hope it brings a smile to the recipient.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Barb :-) the girl on the phone is awesome and her 'chat' really made me laugh, I would feel the same way hahaha :-) The background and string detail are gorgeous too, I am sure whoever receives this card will love it! I would frame it for my craft room!! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Karen said...

Totally love that sentiment!! Thanks for joining us at Mix Media Monthly!!