Friday, May 4, 2018

Happy Little Stampers May Christmas Challenge

Are you building your supply of Christmas cards for the 2018 Holiday season with the monthly Christmas challenges at Happy Little Stampers.

This month we have a fun challenge for you - it is stars.


I used some new products on this card.  The polar bears are a stamp set from Michaels I bought last season.  I like that there is very little coloring on polar bears.  The star die cut which goes across the entire back of the card is from Penny Black.  (Yes, I did save all those little stars for a future use.)

The background was made is distress oxide inks.  I do love to play with those inks.  I am anxiously awaiting more new colors.

I die cut the stars from the sky portion of the paper.  This was mounted on a silver glitter mat so that the glitter showed through all the openings.

The sentiment was heat embossed in white fine detail embossing powder.

For the snow drifts, I added a layer of gesso which I tapped onto the oxide ink background to give a white/snowy appearance.  I cut two hills from this white/blue colored paper.  I dabbed more gesso on the top of each snow drift to give a very visible line.  The front snow drift is popped up on dimensional tape so I can slide MaMa bear behind it and baby bear sitting in front of her.

I bought some silver star sequins which I glued onto the sky to have a few prominent stars in the sky.


Here is a close up of the stars.


Here is a close up of the sentiment and more stars.


Here is Mama bear and  baby bear looking into the sky admiring the beautiful stars.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our May Christmas Challenge.  

Did I tell you there are prizes - check it out.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

BożenA said...

Your starry sky looks amazing. A perfect background for these beautiful bears. Beautiful winter card.

Inkyfingers said...

I love your starry polar bear card Barb! I really like how you layered everything up and the starry sky is lovely.
Hugs
Carol x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just wonderful. Love those sweet bears sitting on the snowy mounds and their looks of wonder. Love the die cut stars sombined with the 3D strs. The sentiment is perfect.

Sue - said...

Fabulous card! Great use of the die.

Sue - said...

Fabulous card! Great use of the die.

Bobby said...

Those polar bears are so cute sitting in the snow looking at that fabulous spray of sparkling stars. This is a wonderfully designed card with lots of great details, Barb.